Parkville MO Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Parkville MO is a cute little town, located slightly northwest of KC.  Parkville is known for its antique shops, art galleries, and historic downtown.  This little post office town was named after George S Park, the first settler in 1844.  Parkville is also known for Park University, which sits on a high hill overlooking the town and the Missouri River.

Preparation

We moved all the furniture off the service area and covered the kitchen cabinets with plastic.  Hanging plastic is a good practice.  Yes, most hardwood flooring companies are dust-less.  However, sometimes there are accidents.  A vacuum hose could burst and blow dust all over the house.  Things do happen so it’s best to cover areas in the home, as a precaution.

Sand & Finish

This floor was a red oak #1 grade.  About 90% of hardwoods installed in the midwest are red oak.  The other 10% is typically white oak.  Red oak has a pink tint when you sand down to bare wood.  Therefore, it’s best to choose a darker stain color to help tone down the red color that is naturally in red oak.  This customer selected jacobean.  This color is wonderful on red oak floors.  That color does a great job exposing the grain patterns, and people love seeing the character in wood like this.  Sealed and beautifully coated with an industrial water-based semi-gloss finish.

Project Overview

  • Hang Plastic
  • Move Furniture and Appliances
  • Sand & Finish
  • Base Shoe Installation